If you are using one of the routers Cogeco offers to their customers, you may want to change some of its settings like the network name or the WiFi password, create a Guest network or set up the Parental controls. Everything can be done, but you need to know how to access all those settings.
In this article we are going to guide you through the Cogeco router login steps. Also, in case the login process fails at some point you can find some info on what to do if you can’t access the router settings.
So, let’s get started!
- Before You Login
- What Are The Default Cogeco Router Details?
- How To Login To Cogeco Router?
- What To Do If You Can’t Access The Cogeco Router Settings?
- Final Words
Before You Login
Before you try to login to your Cogeco router it is recommended to get the following.
1. Get a device that can be used to access the Cogeco router settings. You can use a laptop or desktop computer, a tablet or a smartphone.
2. Get the wireless password ready if you want to connect your device over WiFi. If you want to connect it using a wired connection, you can use an Ethernet cable and directly connect the device and the router.
3. Get the default or custom Cogeco router admin login details. These include the router’ IP address, the admin username and password. We will provide the default login details in the next section, but you can also check the router and find the label on it that has all these details printed on it.
What Are The Default Cogeco Router Details?
Cogeco uses several different routers and here are the default admin login details. You can also find the se in the user’s manuals or on the label on the router.
Default Cogeco router IP address: 192.168.0.1
Default usernames and passwords:
Default admin username: cusadmin
Default admin password: password, Cogeco1! Or the current WiFi password
Default admin username: admin
Default admin password: The WiFi password printed on the sticker
Default admin username: admin
Default admin password: password
Default admin username: leave this field blank
Default admin password: leave this field blank
How To Login To Cogeco Router?
And now, after you have prepared everything we can start logging into our Cogeco router admin dashboard.
STEP 1 – Connect The Device
Devices that are connected to the network can access the router settings. Those that aren’t part of the network can connect. So, depending on the device you are using, connect it to the network either using a network cable or using the wireless network password. Once you do that you can continue.
STEP 2 – Open The Web Browser On The Device
After you connect, open the web browser on the device you are using. The router settings can be accessed using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser. However, the first two are the most recommended by various router manufacturers.
STEP 3 – Enter The Cogeco IP Address In The URL Bar
When the browser opens, type the Cogeco default router IP (192.168.0.1) into the URL bar. Press Enter/Go on the device and the router login page should be there.
In case you don’t see the router login page or you see an error message, you should check whether 192.168.0.1 is the correct router IP. If it is, retype it and try again. If it isn’t, enter the new IP address into the URL bar and try again. The router’ login page should appear now. If it doesn’t please refer to the troubleshooting section at the end of this article.
STEP 4 – Type The Cogeco Admin Username And Password
When the router login page appears, fill in the username/password fields with the router admin login details provided above or printed on the sticker. Click Login and you should be taken to the router’s admin dashboard.
Please be careful when you type the username and password because they are case-sensitive.
And now you can customize your Cogeco router settings. You can change the WiFi name or password, create a Guest network, set up parental Controls or port forwarding, apply additional steps to secure your wireless network, and so on. There are various options but we don’t recommend changing something you are not quite familiar with.
Also, create a backup of the current router settings before you make any changes. Then you will be able to revert the settings back in case you mess something up.
- How to Reset Modem Password?
- Your Internet Connection is Unstable (Zoom) – Why Is Your Zoom Connection Unstable & How to Fix It?
- Why Does My Router Keep Going Out? (Troubleshooting Your Wi-Fi Router)
What To Do If You Can’t Access The Cogeco Router Settings?
Sometimes the router login doesn’t go as planned and it is possible to get stuck during the process. When that happens, it is important to know what could be the problem and you should be able to continue pretty quickly.
We have already said that the device has to be connected to your network. So, check the following things to fix any connectivity problems.
– Check whether the device is still connected.
– Try connecting it differently. For example, if it is connected over WiFi, try using a wired connection. If the device doesn’t support a wired connection, use a device that does support it.
– Check whether Airplane mode is enabled. If it is, disable it and try again.
IP Address Issues
– Are you using the correct IP? Check whether 192.168.0.1 is the right one.
– Have you typed it correctly? Type it again.
– Are you typing the IP in the Address/URL bar or in the Search bar? The Address/URL bar is the right place to type the IP.
– Is your device obtaining the IP automatically? Here is how to check this.
Admin Login Details Issues
– Are you using the correct username/password combination? Check the sticker on the router or the user’s manual.
– Have you entered the username/password correctly? Type them again.
– If you have changed the default admin username and password, login with the custom ones.
– Is autocorrect changing the first letter to capital one? Usernames and passwords are case sensitive so pay attention to this.
After you access the Cogeco router admin dashboard, you can easily customize its settings. Hopefully, you have managed to access the router admin dashboard by following the steps described here. And if you had any problems during the Cogeco router login process we hope that the troubleshooting section in this article has helped you fix the problem.
And finally, once you gain access to the router admin dashboard, it is recommended to save the login details. You will probably need them soon if you want to change the WiFi password or make some other changes.
Hey, I’m David. I’ve been working as a wireless network engineer and a network administrator for 15 years. During my studies, I also worked as an ISP field technician – that’s when I met Jeremy.
I hold a bachelor’s degree in network engineering and a master’s degree in computer science and engineering. I’m also a Cisco-certified service provider.
In my professional career, I worked for router/modem manufacturers and internet providers. I like to think that I’m good at explaining network-related issues in simple terms. That’s exactly what I’m doing on this website – I’m making simple and easy-to-follow guides on how to install, set up, and troubleshoot your networking hardware. I also review new network equipment – modems, gateways, switches, routers, extenders, mesh systems, cables, etc.
My goal is to help regular users with their everyday network issues, educate them, and make them less scared of their equipment. In my articles, you can find tips on what to look for when buying new networking hardware, and how to adjust your network settings to get the most out of your wi-fi.
Since my work is closely related to computers, servers, and other network equipment, I like to spend most of my spare time outdoors. When I want to blow off some steam, I like to ride my bike. I also love hiking and swimming. When I need to calm down and clear my mind, my go-to activity is fishing.