Do you want to change your WiFi password by yourself or set up a Guest network for your friends and visitors? Everything you want to do with your network can be done through the router settings.
In the following paragraphs we are going to explain how to access the Excitel router settings in four simple steps using your computer. Please note that you can follow the steps described here and login using a smartphone or a tablet, but first let’s take care of a few things before we begin.
- You Will Need
- What Are The Default Excitel Router Details?
- How To Login To Excitel Router?
- Let’s Change The Excitel WiFi Name And Password
- Final Words
You Will Need
The following things are necessary in order to complete the Excitel router login steps successfully.
1. You will need a device to connect to the network. You can use a smartphone, tablet or a computer.
2. You will need to connect the device to the network. You can connect over WiFi if you have the wireless password, or you can use an Ethernet cable to connect the device to the router. This step is very important so make sure to do that before you try to login.
3. You will need to have the Excitel router login details. You can use the ones given in the next section or check the label on your Excitel router. This label usually has all the admin login details printed on it. However, if you don’t see the label try with the login details given here or check the user’s manual.
What Are The Default Excitel Router Details?
These are the Excitel router admin login details:
Default router IP address: 192.168.1.1
Default admin username: admin or excitel
Default admin password: exc@123
In case you have changed these admin login details before, you have to login with the new ones.
How To Login To Excitel Router?
After you get things ready, the rest of the Excitel login process will be completed pretty quickly.
STEP 1 – Check Whether You Have Connected The Device
This is pretty important so check whether the device is connected. If it is, move to step 2. If it isn’t, connect it and then you may proceed.
Don’t try to login to the network if you don’t have wired or wireless access to it.
STEP 2 – Start The Browser
The web browser you have on the device should be opened now. Any browser will be good for this, although some router manufacturers recommend using Edge or Chrome. The reason for this is to avoid conflicts between the browser and the router’s Web GUI (admin dashboard).
So, unlock or turn on your device and tap/click on the browser icon. Then move to Step 3.
STEP 3 – Enter The Excitel IP In The URL Bar
When you open the browser, type the Excitel router IP into the browser’s URL bar. Press Enter or Go on your device and you should see the Excitel router login page.
In case the router login page doesn’t appear or you receive an error message, retype the IP or check whether 192.168.1.1 is the correct IP.
STEP 4 – Enter The Excitel Admin Username And Password
When asked to enter the admin username and password in the required fields, enter the ones we have provided or the ones printed on the label. They should be the same, but check anyway.
Now, enter the verification code and click on the Login button. If these login details were correct, you should see the Excitel router admin dashboard. You will notice that the settings are well grouped and you can easily find the settings you need to change.
We don’t recommend making any changes to the router settings if you aren’t sure what you are doing. It is better to backup the router settings first and then continue. You can find some guides and tutorials online about various settings you can change or enable.
However the one you should know about is how to change the wireless network name and password.
Let’s Change The Excitel WiFi Name And Password
If you want to change the WiFi network name to better suit your business or you want to come up with something cool or funny, you should look for the SSID field.
As for the wireless password, it has to be strong and unique and you need to change it from time to time. It protects our network from unauthorized access. Follow the steps below to change the WiFi network name and password.
1. Login to your Excitel router.
2. Click on Network in the top menu and then select WLAN 2.4G or WLAN 5G. This will let you manage the WiFi settings of the 2.4 or 5GHz network.
3. Scroll down to the SSID field, delete the old network name and enter the new one.
4. As Security Configuration select WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
5. Encryption Type should be set to TKIP+AES
6. In the WPA Pre-Shared Key delete the old WiFi password and enter the new wireless password.
7. Save the changes by clicking on the OK button.
In case you have used the wireless connection to login to your network, you should be disconnected from it once you save the new settings. When that happens, connect the device again and also do the same for your other WiFi devices.
- How to Protect Your Router from Hackers? (Wi-Fi Security Tips)
- How to Configure a Router to Use WPA3?
- What is the Router Used For? (Router Functions and Features Explained)
We hope that you have followed the given steps successfully. When you manage to access the Excitel router settings for the first time, you won’t need this guide the next time you want to login. However, if you change the admin password, it is important to have the admin login details written somewhere. You will need to use them every time you want to access the router settings.
However, if you lose or forget them, you will have to reset the router to factory defaults. Only after that you will be able to login again with the default username and password.
And now, you can go through the router settings and explore them further. For example, check how to create a Guest network, disable WPS or update the router firmware. Updating the firmware is recommended because with every new version there are some bug fixes, security patches and performance improvements.
Hey, I’m David. I’ve been working as a wireless network engineer and a network administrator for 15 years. During my studies, I also worked as an ISP field technician – that’s when I met Jeremy.
I hold a bachelor’s degree in network engineering and a master’s degree in computer science and engineering. I’m also a Cisco-certified service provider.
In my professional career, I worked for router/modem manufacturers and internet providers. I like to think that I’m good at explaining network-related issues in simple terms. That’s exactly what I’m doing on this website – I’m making simple and easy-to-follow guides on how to install, set up, and troubleshoot your networking hardware. I also review new network equipment – modems, gateways, switches, routers, extenders, mesh systems, cables, etc.
My goal is to help regular users with their everyday network issues, educate them, and make them less scared of their equipment. In my articles, you can find tips on what to look for when buying new networking hardware, and how to adjust your network settings to get the most out of your wi-fi.
Since my work is closely related to computers, servers, and other network equipment, I like to spend most of my spare time outdoors. When I want to blow off some steam, I like to ride my bike. I also love hiking and swimming. When I need to calm down and clear my mind, my go-to activity is fishing.