AT&T is the biggest telecommunications company in the US, with a revenue of $163 billion – that’s as big as Algeria’s annual GDP. The Texas-based firm offers competitive prices for its lightning-fast fiber internet. If you want to know how much is AT&T Wi-Fi per month, here in this article, we list out the monthly subscription price for its fiber as well as DSL internet plans.
Current AT&T Internet Deals
AT&T has always come up with competitive pricing for its internet plans, aiming to secure new customers with fantastic deals. Its current fiber plans and other internet deals boast the following features:
- Home subscribers will get a $150 Reward Card (Internet 300 plan or higher)
- Google Stadia – 6 months free Pro Pass (on a first-come-first-serve basis)
- Get a free HBO Max subscription upon signing an Internet 1000, 2 GIG, or 5 GIG plan
- All Fiber plan subscribers will get a free Wi-Fi gateway
- In areas where you can only have AT&T Internet and Internet basic, the fee is $55 per month flat, regardless of your speed.
- Get free in-car Wi-Fi when you subscribe to unlimited data plans. In addition, if you don’t own a Wi-Fi-enabled car, AT&T will provide the equipment to load your car with Wi-Fi
Internet Service Fees
When you subscribe to AT&T internet plans, there will be some fees applicable:
- Installation Fee – all plans require an installation fee of $99. However, you can look out for fee waivers during sales promotions.
- Data Overage Fee – this happens when you exceed the data limit (for data cap internet plans). The fee is $10 per additional 50 GB of data. If you want unlimited data, add an extra $30 fee to your existing plan.
- Non-return Equipment Penalty Fee – if you terminate your internet plan, remember to return the AT&T Home Wi-Fi Gateway. Otherwise, AT&T charges you $150 for a router and $65 for a Wi-Fi extender.
AT&T Fiber Internet Plans
You might be wondering how much the biggest telecommunications company charge for its internet service. You can choose what plan is the best for your home network from the following table:
|PLAN||DOWNLOAD SPEED||PRICE/ MONTH*||MAIN USES/FEATURES|
|Internet 300||300 Mbps||$55||Ideal for the whole family to share large files, stream HD videos, and play light online games (other than normal web browsing and emailing)|
Connects up to 10 devices at once
|Internet 500||500 Mbps||$65||Faster speeds to share large files, stream 4K/UHD videos and play multi-player online games.|
Connects up to 11 devices at once.
|Internet 1000||940 Mbps||$80||Fastest speeds for home network. Multiple users can share large files, stream 4K/8K/UHD videos, play complex bandwidth-sapping multi-player online games, or use AR/VR applications simultaneously.|
Connects up to 12 devices at once.
|2 GIG||2 Gbps||$110||Provides high-speed internet for uninterrupted remote work, video streaming of the highest fidelity, and gaming without lags.|
Connects to more than 12 devices at once.
|5 GIG||5 Gbps||$180||Provides maximum speed, more than double the other plans above. With this plan, you can do pretty much everything.|
Connects to more than 12 devices at once.
*Price per month requires you to opt for Autopay and paperless bills, and you have to add applicable taxes to the price stated.
AT&T DSL Internet Plans
|Internet 25||25 Mbps||$55||Ideal for light online activities such as web browsing, emailing, and social networking.|
Connect 3-4 devices at once.
Restricted to 1 TB data.
|Internet 100||100 Mbps||$55||Ideal for the whole family to share larger files, stream HD videos, and play light online games (other than normal web browsing and emailing)|
Connect up to 10 devices at once.
AT&T Internet Service Discounts
- Active military officers, veterans, and first responders – $15 off monthly internet and DIRECTV services. You just need to submit all relevant documents for ID verifications.
- Low-income families and senior citizens – AT&T Access is a discounted program created for broadband speeds up to 100 Mbps at $30 or less per month. Other benefits include no contract, abolished deposit/installation fee, equipment fee, and unlimited data on selected plans.
AT&T Internet Review (Speeds, Prices, Bundles, Additional Fees)
Q: Is AT&T’s internet fast?
A: It depends on the plan you choose. Its basic fiber plan provides decent speeds that allow moderate internet use, such as emailing, browsing, online work/study, and light gaming. On the other hand, its high-end internet fiber plans (Internet 1000, 2 GIG, and 5 GIG) let you perform the most demanding online activities with speeds up to 5 Gbps.
Q: Can you get internet-only plans from AT&T?
A: AT&T offers five fiber and two DSL internet-only plans with a subscription fee of $55 to $395 per month.
Q: Is it possible to bundle DIRECTV with AT&T Internet plans?
A: Yes, you can bundle DIRECTV with any AT&T internet plan. Please choose one of DIRECTV’s four TV plans that contains your favorite channels and tie it up with your existing AT&T plan.
As the biggest telecommunication company in the US and in the world, AT&T offers high-speed fiber internet packages. Other than speed, AT&T also provides multiple benefits such as a free router, as well as promotional deals, and discounts from time to time.
Hopefully, this article helped you learn everything you wanted to know about AT&T Wi-Fi monthly prices, additional fees, and discounts. It’s up to you now to choose the right plan for your needs.
Hey, I’m Jeremy Clifford. I hold a bachelor’s degree in information systems, and I’m a certified network specialist. I worked for several internet providers in LA, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Seattle over the past 21 years.
I worked as a customer service operator, field technician, network engineer, and network specialist. During my career in networking, I’ve come across numerous modems, gateways, routers, and other networking hardware. I’ve installed network equipment, fixed it, designed and administrated networks, etc.
Networking is my passion, and I’m eager to share everything I know with you. On this website, you can read my modem and router reviews, as well as various how-to guides designed to help you solve your network problems. I want to liberate you from the fear that most users feel when they have to deal with modem and router settings.
My favorite free-time activities are gaming, movie-watching, and cooking. I also enjoy fishing, although I’m not good at it. What I’m good at is annoying David when we are fishing together. Apparently, you’re not supposed to talk or laugh while fishing – it scares the fishes.