MTN Group Limited is the biggest African telecommunications company. Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, it operates in a few African and some West-Asian countries with a total of 280 million subscribers. One-third of its revenue comes from Nigeria, and one of its most popular internet services is MiFi. In this guide, we will analyze MTN MiFi plans and prices, and make some recommendations for different use scenarios.
What is MTN MiFi?
A MiFi is a connection device that has built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. It consists of a modem and a router to broadcast Wi-Fi signals to Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart TVs, and game consoles. The device will work when you subscribe to one of MTN MiFi data plans.
Benefits of MTN MiFi
- When you buy and activate a plan, you will get 30GB of data free of charge, but it is valid for 30 days only.
- If you buy data from N3,500 to N20,000, you will get two times the data plan value for six months.
- More MTN Mifi benefits come your way if you register and activate the new SIM card.
- You’re also eligible for awesome top-up offers.
- You’ll also get access to a great offer of 3GB for only N1,000
- If you register and use MTN MiFi 40GB, 75GB, or 120GB monthly data package for more than six months, you can get free daily data.
Here is MTN MiFi Super Plan Offering
|PLAN||PRICE PER MONTH||FREE DAILY DATA|
|40GB monthly plan||N10,000||300MB|
|75GB monthly plan||N15,000||500MB|
|110GB monthly plan||N20,000||1GB|
Read the following frequently asked questions to know more about MTN MiFi plans.
Q: What’s the price of an MTN MiFi with a new SIM?
A: An MTN MiFi with a new SIM costs N8,000 at any MTN stores nationwide, but an online price is only N7,500.
Q: Who is eligible to buy the MTN MiFi with a new SIM?
A: The MTN MiFi with a new SIM is offered to customers who buy bundled MiFi devices available at MTN stores and its partners’ shops. In the meantime, customers with an old MiFi device can enjoy the Top Up bundle, and other Super Plan offers.
Q: How to activate the MiFi Device?
A: Follow these simple steps:
- Buy the MTN MiFi with a new SIM bundle from MTN stores or its partners’ shops.
- Insert the SIM card into your MiFi device and switch on the power.
- You will immediately get free 30GB of data plus the 100% bonus offer when you are on the MiFi Portal. If you don’t receive any notification, send SMS ‘Activate’ to 131.
- Visit www.mymtn.com.ng to claim your 100% bonus, or log into your MiFi Portal and activate your data plans (from N3,500 to N20,000).
- Link your MiFi Number and activate your chosen plans by dialing *131*500#
Setting Up MTN MiFi
Q: If I have an old MiFi device, how do I activate the offer?
A: If you have an old MiFi device, activate the Top-Up bundle, and Super Plan offers by messaging your MiFi’s S/N + IMEI to 131.
Note: The Super Plan offer starts only after six months of activation.
Q: Should I call the MTN Contact Centre or customer service representative to activate and claim the free 30GB data?
A. No, you don’t have to call them; you will receive the free 30GB data immediately after inserting the new SIM card into the MiFi modem and powering it on. Otherwise, send SMS ‘Activate’ to 131.
Q: Can I claim the free 30GB data plus the 100% bonus data if I use a different SIM card?
A: No, you need to use the same SIM card.
Q: Can I claim the free 30GB if I use the SIM on a different device?
A: No, you need to use the same device.
Q: Can I Enjoy the benefits more than once?
A: No! You can only claim the free 30GB data plus the 100% bonus data once using the SIM card and MiFi.
Q: Can I claim the 100% data bonus on any MTN data plan?
A: No, the 100% bonus data is only available on the data plans from N3,500 to N20,000 for six months.
Q: How to check the data balance of the various MiFi offers?
A: You can check the balance via the following channels:
- Message: type 2 and SMS to 131
- USSD: dial *131*4# or *131*1*5*4# via phone number linked to MiFi
- Go to the MiFi Portal (192.168.0.1)
- Go to the myMTN App
- via Zigi – MTN online portal
- Visit the myMTN web
We have gone through some general information about the MTN MiFi offers and promo deals in this post. Hopefully, you have found all the answers in this guide. The FAQs will also help you understand more about MTN MiFi and its various offers and features.
Hey, I’m Jeremy Clifford. I hold a bachelor’s degree in information systems, and I’m a certified network specialist. I worked for several internet providers in LA, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Seattle over the past 21 years.
I worked as a customer service operator, field technician, network engineer, and network specialist. During my career in networking, I’ve come across numerous modems, gateways, routers, and other networking hardware. I’ve installed network equipment, fixed it, designed and administrated networks, etc.
Networking is my passion, and I’m eager to share everything I know with you. On this website, you can read my modem and router reviews, as well as various how-to guides designed to help you solve your network problems. I want to liberate you from the fear that most users feel when they have to deal with modem and router settings.
My favorite free-time activities are gaming, movie-watching, and cooking. I also enjoy fishing, although I’m not good at it. What I’m good at is annoying David when we are fishing together. Apparently, you’re not supposed to talk or laugh while fishing – it scares the fishes.