Follow the Sitecom router login steps described in this article if you need to login to and setup your router. Changing the default router login details, as well as the default Network name and wireless password are the first things you have to do to setup and protect your network.
Sitecom Router Login Steps
STEP 1: Connect to your network
When you want to login to your Sitecom router you have to connect your device (smartphone, tablet or computer) to your home network. You can do this either using your wireless connection or using an Ethernet cable.
It doesn’t matter which way you will do it. However, remember that there are chances you will be logged out of the router admin page when you save the changes you make if you are connected through you Wi-Fi.
STEP 2: Launch your browser
Launch the browser you use most frequently.
In the browser’s address bar you can either type the Sitecom router default IP – 192.168.0.1. Depending on the router model you can also use http://sitecom.router/. This applies to WLR-1100, WLR-2100, WLR-3100, WLR-4100, WLR-5100 routers.
Once you press Enter on your keyboard you will be asked to enter the Sitecom default username and password.
STEP 3: Enter the default Sitecom login details
The default SITECOM router username and password are:
- Username “admin”
- Password “admin” or check the sticker on the bottom of the router.
* type the login details in lower case letters
Basic Sitecom Router Configuration
Just as routers produced by other companies, all Sitecom routers come with a default router IP, username and password. They also have a default Network name and wireless password. However, leaving everything at default settings is something you should avoid if you want to secure your router and network.
As we have already mentioned there are some things you need to do first. So let’s begin!
Change the default Sitecom router password
Changing the default Sitecom router password is highly recommended.
Just follow the next few steps:
First of all, login to your Sitecom router as described above.
- Click on the Toolbox link in the top menu.
- Then click on Password in the secondary menu.
- Now type the old (current) password. This will allow you to change the password.
- Type in a new password in the New Password
- Type it again in the Confirm Password This is important for verification purposes.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
Change the SITECOM network name and wireless password
Leaving the wireless internet connection open is a huge mistake. As we have said earlier, if you need to login to the router you have to connect to the network first. Having an open wireless connection will let anyone access the router settings.
That’s why we have to protect our network with a unique network name and a strong wireless password.
Let’s see what we have to do now.
- Click on the Security tab in the secondary menu.
- Select your SSID from the SSID Selection drop-down list.
- Set Broadcast ESSID to Enable
- Set WMM to Enable
- For Encryption select WPA pre-shared key.
- For WPA Type select WPA2 (AES)
- In the Pre-Shared Key Type select Passphrase.
- Enter your new password in the Pre-shared Key
IMPORTANT: Make sure to create a strong wireless password. Combining small and capital letters with numbers and special characters is the best way to create a strong password.
As you can see it is easy to login to your Sitecom router and protect your network. Once you access the admin settings page you can take some additional network security steps like MAC address filtering, enabling the firewall and so on.
Don’t be afraid to make the necessary changes. Just make sure to take notes on the changes you make in case you need to revert he changes for some reason.