Smart Communications Inc., or Smart for short, is a company from the Philippines that provides digital and telecommunications services. Founded in 1991, it currently has more than 70 million mobile phone users. The brands of this provider Smart Bro and Sun Wireless Broadband have almost 4 million wireless broadband subscribers.
If you are a Smart Bro Pocket user or planning to become one in the future, then you should read this article and learn some important things. We will show you how to, very easily, step by step, change your Wi-Fi password.
- How to Reset Your Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi Password
- Resetting Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi Using Admin Dashboard
- Reset Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi via Hard Reset
- How to Change your Pocket Wi-Fi Password – Model Boosteven MO28AT
- How to Change your Pocket Wi-Fi Username and Password – Model ZTE MF791TS
How to Reset Your Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi Password
In case you forget the password or other configuration settings of your Smart Bro Pocket, you can perform a device reset procedure.
Reset will delete all the settings you’ve made and reset them to the factory defaults settings.
Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi can be reset via the administrator control panel and via the reset button.
Resetting Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi Using Admin Dashboard
You can use this reset method only if you know the admin password, or if you are still using the default password.
Before starting the procedure, check if you are connected to Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi (in case you are connected to another Wi-Fi network it will not be possible to reset it).
- In your Internet browser, type in 192.168.1.1 and press enter.
- Now, you need to log in with your administrator password. The default password is smartbro.
- From the menu, select Settings (located on the right), and then click Device Settings on the left side of the menu.
- Below Device Settings a drop-down menu opens, you need to select the Reset option from it.
- The Reset page will open – you need to click on the reset option.
- You will see the message explaining that all the settings will be reset to default and the device will restart. You need to confirm by clicking Yes.
This completes the process; your device has been successfully reset.
Note that all the previously connected devices will be automatically disconnected after the reset, and you will need to reconnect them using the default password.
Reset Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi via Hard Reset
This procedure is extremely simple. All you have to do is press and hold the power button and the “WPS” button on your pocket Wi-Fi network at the same time. (hold down the buttons for a minimum of 5 seconds or until the device restarts).
How to reset Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi
That would be the whole procedure – your Smart Bro Pocket has been reset to factory defaults.
All devices that have been connected will be automatically disconnected after the reset, and you will need to reconnect them using the default password.
How to Change your Pocket Wi-Fi Password – Model Boosteven MO28AT
- Type 192.168.1.1 in your internet browser and press enter.
- A page will open with the words “Your connection is not private”. Find and press the ADVANCED option to continue the process.
- The display of your screen will expand. In this newly expanded part of the screen, you need to select Proceed to 192.168.1.1 (unsafe) to proceed.
- You are now redirected to the Smart Bro web dashboard user interface. Here you need to sign in using the default username (smartbro) and the default password (smartbro).
Video Tutorial – Changing Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi Password
Changing the Password for the First Time
A pop-up window will appear the first time you log in, and you can change your default username and password.
Options will appear in this window in the following order:
Change administrator password: In this section, you can change the password of the Smart Bro web dashboard user interface.
Change Wi-Fi password: Enter the new password you will use to connect to the Smart Bro LTE Pocket Wi-Fi network.
Video Tutorial – Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi – First Time Setup and Password Change
Note: Your password must be at least 8 characters long (it must contain 3 of the following characters – number, lowercase letter, uppercase letter, special character).
After changing the password, you must reconnect your devices using the new password.
How to Change your Pocket Wi-Fi Username and Password – Model ZTE MF791TS
- In the first step, you need to open your internet browser and enter the same default IP address – 192.168.1.1
- Using the default password (smartbro), perform the login process.
- This step requires you to change the default password for the Smart Dashboard web user interface. After setting the new password, select Apply. The next time you want to open the Dashboard, use the new password.
- After logging in, the home page opens. Click Settings and then Quick Settings to change your Pocket Wi-Fi password. Click the Next to continue the process.
- How to Change Optimum Wi-Fi Password?
- How to Change Vodafone Wi-Fi Password?
- How to Change Frontier Wi-Fi Password?
- On the PPP Profile Configuration page, you do not make any changes – just click Next.
- You do not make any changes to the PPP Profile Verification page – just click Next.
- In this step, you can edit the network name (SSID) and then click Next.
- Set your new password in the Passphrase field. Click on Next.
- To apply the changes, click Apply.
Hey, I’m Jeremy Clifford. I hold a bachelor’s degree in information systems, and I’m a certified network specialist. I worked for several internet providers in LA, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Seattle over the past 21 years.
I worked as a customer service operator, field technician, network engineer, and network specialist. During my career in networking, I’ve come across numerous modems, gateways, routers, and other networking hardware. I’ve installed network equipment, fixed it, designed and administrated networks, etc.
Networking is my passion, and I’m eager to share everything I know with you. On this website, you can read my modem and router reviews, as well as various how-to guides designed to help you solve your network problems. I want to liberate you from the fear that most users feel when they have to deal with modem and router settings.
My favorite free-time activities are gaming, movie-watching, and cooking. I also enjoy fishing, although I’m not good at it. What I’m good at is annoying David when we are fishing together. Apparently, you’re not supposed to talk or laugh while fishing – it scares the fishes.