Xfinity is the brand name of Comcast Cable Communications, a giant telecommunication firm and the biggest Internet Service Provider in the United States. But you might wonder how much is Xfinity internet per month? In this post, we will give you some guidelines on how to choose the right internet plan for your home network.
- What is Xfinity?
- Performance Pro Internet Plan
- Blast Internet Plan
- Gigabit Internet Plan
- Xfinity Fiber-Optic Network
- Discounts for Subscribers
- Special Rates for Students, Teachers, Military Officers, and Low-Income Individuals
- Xfinity Connection Equipment
- Xfinity Gateway
- Xfinity Flex
- Xfinity Internet Pros and Cons
What is Xfinity?
Introduced in 2010, Xfinity now has more than 20 million home customers across 39 states. Most of its network uses a coaxial cable to deliver internet connection to the internet users.
In addition, Xfinity also provides a few customers with fiber internet with symmetrical download and upload speeds. However, fiber is more expensive and it’s mostly available to businesses. The company also offers discounted bundle plans, including TV, phone, and mobile wireless services.
To appreciate Xfinity’s quality, US News Rating ranked Xfinity #1 in the following categories in 2022:
Xfinity is one of the favorite ISPs in the US for the following reasons:
- Great discounts for bundle plans if you’re an existing Xfinity customer.
- The system uses compatible equipment and devices from one brand.
- All services are parked under one single account – you don’t have to pay separate bills for multiple services like internet, cable TV, or phone.
Here is the list of Xfinity internet plans and monthly subscription fees:
|Prepaid||$45.00||Cable||50 Mbps||5 Mbps|
|Performance Starter||$29.99||Cable||50 Mbps||5 Mbps|
|Performance||$34.99 – $39.99||Cable||100 Mbps||5 Mbps|
|Performance Pro||$49.99 – $54.99||Cable||200 Mbps||5-10 Mbps|
|Blast||$59.99 – $64.99||Cable||400 Mbps||10 Mbps|
|Extreme Pro||$60.00 – $69.99||Cable||800 Mbps||15-20 Mbps|
|Gig||$70.00 – $79.99||Cable||1200 Mbps||35 Mbps|
|Gigabit Pro||$299.00||Fiber||3000 Mbps||3000 Mbps|
It’s worth mentioning that Xfinity caps data at 1.2 TB for all the plans, except for the fiber Gigabit Pro plan.
Here are the main features of three of the most popular plans:
Performance Pro Internet Plan
- The plan is good for connecting up to eight devices simultaneously.
- Can add Flex 4K TV box for streaming at no additional cost, with Peacock TV Premium subscription included.
- Adding Xfinity Mobile line entitles you to $10 off your monthly internet bill for 24 months.
Blast Internet Plan
- The package includes free shipping and a “Getting Started Kit.”
- The plan is good for connecting up to 11 devices simultaneously.
- Can add Flex 4K TV box for streaming at no additional cost with Peacock TV Premium subscription included in the package.
- Adding Xfinity Mobile Unlimited line entitles you to $20 off your monthly internet bill for 24 months.
Gigabit Internet Plan
- The package includes free shipping and a “Getting Started Kit.”
- The plan is good for connecting an unlimited number of devices simultaneously.
- Can add Flex 4K TV box for streaming at no additional cost, with Peacock TV Premium subscription included in the package.
- Adding Xfinity Mobile Unlimited line entitles you to $35 off your monthly internet bill for 24 months.
Xfinity Fiber-Optic Network
Predominantly, the Xfinity network uses coaxial cable to carry internet signals to your home. However, it has also facilitated lightning-speed fiber-optic internet networks in major urban areas. The fiber internet is clearly shown in the table above (Gigabit Pro); none of the cable internet plans can match it in download and upload speeds.
The only downside is its insanely high monthly subscription fee, but it’s your best choice if you want a super-fast connection speed. With this fiber plan, you can stream UHD/4k/8K video on many devices simultaneously, while others can enjoy multi-player online gaming at low latency at the same time. In addition, you can download and upload large files in a matter of seconds.
Discounts for Subscribers
You don’t want to miss some great discounts from Xfinity. However, bigger discounts are available to subscribers who opt for contracts (one or two years). Here are the deals:
- When you choose to set up monthly autopay and online billing, you will receive $10 off your monthly internet bill.
- The discounts are compounded if you bundle service packages (not just a single discount).
- Xfinity app offers rewards when you sign up for the Xfinity Awards. The longer you stay as a subscriber, the more rewards you will earn.
Special Rates for Students, Teachers, Military Officers, and Low-Income Individuals
You can get remarkable offers if you fall under one of these categories:
- Teachers – $100 Visa prepaid gift card plus some other internet service offers. You only need to verify your teacher’s status online.
- Students – $100 Visa prepaid gift card plus free Amazon Music Unlimited for six months. In addition, bundling internet and mobile packages will earn you a $200 gift card. You only need to verify your college student’s status online.
- Military Officers – $100 Visa prepaid card when you sign a 90-day term agreement, plus $25 for buying/renting on-demand content.
- Low-income individuals – $30 off monthly internet subscription fee as arranged by the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program.
Xfinity Connection Equipment
Xfinity offers its subscribers impressive internet service, and great service requires similarly magnificent internet connection equipment. Xfinity calls its modem and router set Xfinity Gateway. In addition, it also provides free streaming, a Roku-like device branded as Xfinity Flex.
Xfinity Gateway’s equipment has a long list of excellent features, but it’s not free; you have to rent it and pay a monthly fee. However, renting is worthed since it provides a lot of great features:
- Built-in parental control features.
- The devices (modem and router) are compatible with the Xfinity app.
- All-inclusive technical support.
- Comes with Advance Security Service – secures your home network from hackers and other security threats.
Xfinity Flex is a streaming device (similar to Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV Stick), and it’s free when you subscribe to the Xfinity Internet plan. With Xfinity Flex, you can watch countless TV streaming apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Peacock. Moreover, its voice remote offers a handy feature where you don’t even have to move a finger to change movie channels and other commands.
Xfinity Internet Pros and Cons
- Stable and dependable service.
- Xfinity creates Wi-Fi hotspots at strategic locations, and it’s free to use by their internet subscribers.
- You have a choice of contract and no-contract plans.
- Widespread availability.
- The plans are subject to data caps (up to 1.2 TB)
- Snail upload speeds (although download speeds are respectably fast).
- Equipment rental is a bit pricey.
If you’re looking for a fast internet provider with plenty of plan options, look no further – Xfinity is a great choice. It’s one of the USA’s biggest telecommunication giants. With Xfinity, you can choose to subscribe with or without a contract.
Hey, I’m Jeremy Clifford. I hold a bachelor’s degree in information systems, and I’m a certified network specialist. I worked for several internet providers in LA, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Seattle over the past 21 years.
I worked as a customer service operator, field technician, network engineer, and network specialist. During my career in networking, I’ve come across numerous modems, gateways, routers, and other networking hardware. I’ve installed network equipment, fixed it, designed and administrated networks, etc.
Networking is my passion, and I’m eager to share everything I know with you. On this website, you can read my modem and router reviews, as well as various how-to guides designed to help you solve your network problems. I want to liberate you from the fear that most users feel when they have to deal with modem and router settings.
My favorite free-time activities are gaming, movie-watching, and cooking. I also enjoy fishing, although I’m not good at it. What I’m good at is annoying David when we are fishing together. Apparently, you’re not supposed to talk or laugh while fishing – it scares the fishes.