This article will guide you through the ZTE router login steps so you can secure your home network from unauthorized access. One of the security measures is changing the wireless password or setting up one if the network has been left open for some reason.
How to login to your ZTE router?
STEP 1: Connect to the network over WiFi or the network cable
Before you start with the ZTE router login steps there is something you need to do first and that is connecting your device to the network or the router directly. We need to make sure to do this because only a device already connected to the network can access the ZTE router admin page.
STEP 2: Launch the browser
The ZTE router settings, as well as the settings of most routers, are accessible using a web browser. So, launch Chrome, Safari or any other browser installed on your device. Just make sure you have the latest version, and not some obsolete ones.
STEP 3: Type the ZTE router default IP in the URL bar
The default ZTE router login IP is 192.168.1.1. It is important to type it properly and use only numbers. A common mistake that will make the login process fail is typing the small letter L instead of the number 1.
STEP 4: Enter the ZTE default username and password
When you press the Enter button on the keyboard or tap Go on your smartphone, you will be asked to enter the router username and password. If you haven’t changed them before, type the following:
*The username and password are case sensitive.
STEP 5: Click Login
Click the Login button and you will see the ZTE router admin page. You can change all the settings now, but we recommend taking a backup of the router settings first.
How to change the WiFi password on ZTE router
Now when you have logged into the ZTE router, it is time to change the wireless password to boost your wireless network security.
1. Click on Network in the left-hand menu
2. Select WLAN from the sub-menu
3. Click on Security
4. Now, as Authentication Type select WPA2-PSK from the drop-down menu
5. In the Passphrase field type the wireless password.
6. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
WiFi password tips
- The new password should be 8 to 12 characters long.
- Use numbers, special characters, small and capital letters to create a strong password
- Don’t try to over-complicate things. Make sure you can actually remember the WiFi password because one of the most common questions today whenever someone comes to visit you is – What’s your WiFi password?
- You can use online password generators to come up with some good ideas
- If you decide to change the password, remember to update it on all devices. Otherwise, they won’t be able to stay connected to the network.
As you can see, the ZTE router login steps are pretty straightforward and even beginners can follow them. Just make sure to take note of the default IP, username and password for later in the future. Also, besides changing the WiFi password, you can also do more to increase your network security, like changing the default router admin password or IP, changing the network name, activating the built-in firewall and so on.